6 tips for business owners to implement remote workforce solutions
In 2009, Dell Technologies established the Connected Workplace program to give employees the flexibility to choose a work style that best balances their professional and personal commitments. Over time, it has become a core component of our culture, and we’ve learned a few things about creating a mobile, collaborative and flexible work environment. With a vast majority of our global team working remotely in some capacity, here are 6 tips from our experience over the past decade:
- Start with a strategy that puts employees first: Identify the unique personas within the organisation. Use it to build profiles that have associated resource requirements for the right set of applications, data and devices each employee persona needs to be productive.
- Assess the current technology footprint: Provide the right technology – devices, peripherals, applications, security and connectivity – to enable workers to collaborate regardless of where they are. (To view our products available visit our store now)
- Simplify IT consumption: Deliver quicker, more efficient services using automation and self-service to provide a faster way for employees to consume IT. For example, modernize the delivery of hardware to end-users, through self-service or with apps and settings that are pre-installed.
- Incorporate security as an integrated part of your business strategy: The approach to security should be one that is resilient, intelligent, and automated with security built-in. Security needs to be connected to the people, processes and technologies behind an organization.
- Secure the full stack, from infrastructure to applications to operations: It is important to simplify and orchestrate IT infrastructure and security policies so that the data and IT assets are secure, protected and available. This includes password management policies, data classification rules, and using a secure VPN for remote network access.
- Enable secure collaboration and communication tools: These should be tools that can be used anywhere, anytime on any device, providing effective capabilities for conferencing and collaboration whether in the office, at home, or on the go.
A combination of these will help enterprises attract and retain the best talent, protect the health and safety of team members, and balance the need to help customers and keep the enterprise running.
Article contribution by Mr. Belgundi, Senior Director and General Manager, Client Solutions Group, Dell Technologies - To view products that could help with setting up your report workstation at home, click here!